Department of Health has raised its alarm upon confirming that there were two individuals who were confirmed positive from Zika virus in Iloilo, Philippines.
Zika virus started from Brazil. It usually spreads through vector transmission. Being positive in Zika virus doesn’t usually show signs and symptoms.
However, there are reported signs that can be connected to Zika virus:
- general feeling of discomfort
- rash and muscle pain
- mild fever
- red eyes
But you don’t have to worry getting the infection from the virus. A homemade essential oil mosquito spray repellent can help you avoid mosquito bites and from getting the said virus.
This is just an easy homemade essential. All you need is the following ingredients:
- 2 tsp lemongrass essential oil
- 2 tsp eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 tsp citronella essential oil
- 13 ounces witch hazel
- Combine the ingredients and shake well.
- Pour the essential oil mixture into spray bottles
- This essential oil preparation can last for a month or two. Make sure to store the mixture in glass spray bottles.
According to studies, the worst effect of Zika Virus is microcephaly, which is common among infants and can be fatal. That’s why it is harmful to expose a pregnant woman from Zika virus.