When President Rodrigo Duterte claimed that God talked to him and promised to stop cussing, Cynthia Patag, known critic of Duterte since election up to present, posted a link from GMA News regarding this and captioned it,
When we talk to God, it is prayer. When God talk to us, it is schizophrenia.Immediately, a netizen named Kyle Reygel Perales, who claimed to be not pro-Duterte but pro-Philippines, call the attention of Patag by writing an open letter on Facebook.
Here's how it goes. Please read.
Hi Cynthia Patag
Masyado ka nang binulag ng galit mo sa pangulo. In the principle of reasoning your reason is invalid, lazy and disappointing. Thomas Edison once said "Only 5% of the population think". Cynthia, where have you been all these days?
I feel obliged to enlighten you on how you view God. Ang ina-asta natin ay base sa kung anong idea meron ka about sa Lord.
I have some points to make.
1. We hear 4 voices in our head:
a. Your own voice
b. The voice of others
c. The voice of the devil
d. The voice of the almighty God.
What have you been listening Cynthia?
2. The voice of God is quite. The voice of God does not contradict to the Bible.
3. In the book of Old Testament the men of God like Moses, Noah and Joshua etc. they really talk to God. Their conversation to the Holy One is very personal as if God is in front of them. That's the era of Old Testament.
4. Our generation today is part of the New Testament. Oo, Cynthia bago may book of Revelation tayo muna. Our generation is the era of the Holy Spirit. Before Jesus ascended to the Heaven he said on John 14:26 "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, who the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told".READ ALSO: “Yellowtard” Slammed By Netizens Over Insensitive Apology On Wrong Report Blaming Duterte, Uh-Oh!
5. When the Holy Spirit communicates to us he puts burden in our heart. It is not our physical ears that hear the voice of God, it is our heart. The Holy Spirit convicts, He exposes the condition of our heart through his word and circumstances.
Cynthia, this is what the president experienced on the plane. He is not delusional.
6. Cynthia, I am not pro-Duterte I am pro-Philippines. I am 23 years old, if our president envisions a drug free country, a nation of peace and prosperity regardless of his nasty mouth I am with him. I stand as young man of principle rooted from our cultural identity. I want a better Philippines for my children. Now here comes you with your poor judgement and analytics. Are you helping our nation Cynthia?
You are very old, your voice does not have substance anymore. Kinain kana ng sistema.
PS. Makinig kana lang sa podcast nila Thinking Pinoy and Sass Rogando Sasot matututo ka pa. Idagdag mo na rin sa reading list mo ang mga columns ni prof Antonio P. Contreras sa Manila Bulletin.
Or PM mo ako, I'll share to you the goodness of Jesus.
Tonight Cynthia, I pray that the Holy Spirit will put burden in your heart just like what the president experienced. I declare and I decree in Jesus name.